Friday, October 7, 2011

Fleshly or Godly Armor?

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Ephesians 6:13


I recently read a blog that reminded me of an awesome piece of scripture. In Ephesians chapter 6, we learn about the armor of God. This armor will help us in our daily lives, especially when the devil attacks. In this blog though, the writer gives another "suit" we wear, it's more of something our flesh feels more comfortable in. The "coat of shame," the "shirt of insecurity," the "pants of fear," and the "jewels of perfection." However, God's armor calls for the belt of truth, the body armor of righteousness, the shoes of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. Which would you rather have?

Most of us would scurry to the "God's armor" side, but what are we really wearing? We can't mix-and-match them. It's just not possible. Why? Because if we have on the belt of truth and the "jewels of perfection", we are not being truthful. No one but God is perfect. This weekend, I will be getting a new (to me) car. I'm not sure why I didn't just get it when I moved here, but I feel God has a lesson in all of this for me. And looking at the checkbook slaps on my "pants of fear" faster than I can respond. My head hurts from remembering when I've worried before, so I'll take them off as I remember why I don't need them. I don't see how this is going to add up or work out, but God knows EVERYTHING! He knows how many kids we'll have and what we will name them and how they will be. He knows how many times we chose our Fleshly Armor over God's Armor. Which are you choosing today?

Choosing Faith,
Jessica
Faith In Between (http://www.faithinbetween.com/1/post/2011/10/wise-women-wednesday-with-brandee-wilson-loftis-stacy-and-clinton-cleaning.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment