Thursday, September 15, 2011

Life Changing, Mind Blowing Stuff

I am SO excited to share this!! I have received SheSeeks devotionals for about a year now*. One of the writers is Nicki Koziarz, and recently I was browsing the internet and found her blog. Like any good Bible girl looking for a new way to receive my daily time with God, I signed up for her notifications via email. The first one, sent literally hours after I signed up, was about opening your heart to God (link at bottom of post). So if you check that out, this description may make a little more sense.

I was thinking about a heart, just pretend it's a plastic one that usually comes out about Feb 14th! Now, picture that heart broken by circumstances of life. What does it look like to you? To me it has a couple cracks, maybe a bandaid or two, or maybe it's shattered on the ground. This is the hard part to explain... Imagine a burning candle, and imagine that person, instead of letting God heal the wounds, pouring the melted wax into the cracks, under the bandaid, or as glue to put the pieces back together. I'm sure we all know what candle wax does when it cools, it drys and gets harder. If enough candle wax is put down it takes a lot of force to break it back down without any heat.

The She Seeks site can be found at http://www.sheseeks.org/. Nicki's site is at http://www.nickikoziarz.com/ and the post is titled What Does That Really Mean?. She is also on facebook.

Nicki also mentions a Hillsong United song, which I had never heard before. So, for those of you who haven't either, I found it!


Much Love & God Bless,
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Awesome illustration Jessica! I miss and love you very much! Keep walking by faith!

    ReplyDelete