Thursday, February 25, 2010

Musically Involved

Hi Everyone!
When I started this blog, I had no idea of why I was really starting it. I knew that I wanted to share my story with others, but which story do I tell? The first post was about something I've lived with most of my life (my graddaddy not being there and why) and I wanted to share that story SO bad. I kept thinking that maybe knowing how one accident changes lives decades into the future will help someone not make the same choice. But then, I started talking about myself and how I was making my choices. I don't want others to make some of the same choices that I did. So, in a way, I wanted to influence how people proceeded with thier choices. I wanted to help change the world. I could list song after song after song, most of them probably by Carrie Underwood or a country artist, and tell you how every one has affected or matched up with my life, but it probably wouldn't be the same stories you share. If you don't know why you are doing a specific thing, such as going to school is going to help me get a better job, then it's probably a good idea to stop and ask yourself. Fortunately for me, I didn't figure it out soon enough. I believe that I am supposed to, like a lot of other great women before me, share my walk with Christ, and since my walk is relatively new, I can help others learn about why God is so important.

As I've been reading the book of John, I'm noticing that when Jesus is performing miracles the townspeople either do not believe it is happening, want to reprimand him for it or want to see more so that they think they can believe in him. I'm also seeing that Jesus doesn't care what your skin color, hair color, eye color or where you grew up was, but he gives his love to EVERYONE! What trends do you see or remember in the book of John?

Now I will leave you with a list of songs to look up if you like. Take the list however you want, but "don't think, don't judge, just listen."

Carrie Underwood (you knew it was coming!)- Temporary Home, Jesus Take The Wheel, Change, So Small
Jimmy Wayne- I Love You This Much
Sara Jean Culler (find her @ www.sarajeanculler.com)- Pictures
Brad Paisley-When I Get Where I'm Going

Much Love & God Bless,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment